"The current meteor in DC theatre."
That’s what Peter Marks of The Washington Post labeled Round House Theatre, referring to our remarkable rise over the past six years. In that time, we’ve received consistent rave reviews, premiered a new play that became an Off-Broadway hit, received more 2018 Helen Hayes Award nominations than any other theatre, and produced some of the best-attended and highest-grossing shows and seasons in our history. Now, with our DC metro area distinction secure, we’ve got bigger plans on the horizon: to establish Round House as one of the leading regional theatres in the country.
Thanks to our recent successes, we are poised to expand our impact and join the top tier of regional theatres in America. The Full Circle capital campaign will ignite a new phase of artistic success at Round House while creating a home for artists and audiences. We urge you to join us in bringing Full Circle to fruition.
The Full Circle campaign will raise $14 million to accomplish four goals:
Establish a groundbreaking program to commission 30 new plays from women playwrights and playwrights of color
Through Fair Play, provide competitive artist salaries to build loyalty with the best local talent
Create a Resident Artist program to continue our prioritization of local artists and provide vital job stability
- Expand Round House's Play It Forward initiative, nurturing the artists, audiences, and administrators of tomorrow
- Broaden Free Play, underwriting free tickets for students age 13 through college–any play, any time
- Sustain the Teen Performance Company, a free pre-professional program for teens to act, direct, design, and stage manage a world-premiere play commissioned from a professional playwright
- Provide high schoolers and recent college graduates with hands-on experience through apprenticeships and internships in artistic, education, development, marketing, and production departments
- Renovate our performance space to improve acoustics and sightlines, as well as enhance our technical capacity to produce shows ranging from intimate to epic
- Create a highly flexible theatre that is more comfortable and accommodating for our patrons
- Transform our lobby and public spaces to enhance the patron experience and encourage engagement before and after performances
- Strengthen our stable, debt-free financial foundation
- Increase operating reserve to three months of expenses
- Boost working capital to provide operational flexibility
- Provide funding for future capital upgrades
Now, you can help us achieve these goals.
With this campaign, Round House Theatre comes full circle to its roots as an ensemble theatre dedicated to lifelong learning.
We stand at a significant threshold, with a burgeoning artistic reputation and secure financial footing. We are ready to join the top tier of regional theatres in America, but to achieve our goals, we need your help. All contributions to the Full Circle Campaign are fully tax-deductible. Donors have the opportunity to give their gifts in one lump sum or pay gifts over time. Naming opportunities start at $100,000 and significant long-term recognition will be available for gifts of $5,000 and above.